There are many ways that neighbors can address crime and safety concerns:
- Block watches and foot patrols
- Dispute resolution and mediation
- Neighborhood clean-ups
- Reclaiming underused properties
- Meeting and organizing with your neighbors
- Community-building events
Mary Tompkins: 503-823-4763, firstname.lastname@example.org
Other resources at the City of Portland:
- Starting or revitalizing a Neighborhood Watch or a Community Foot Patrol:
Brad Taylor, email@example.com, 503-823-2781.
- Newsletters, communications or in-person trainings on crime prevention topics:
Stefanie Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-823-3131.
- Enhanced Safety Properties, a program designed to encourage and support landlords and property managers to take measures to keep their properties safe and livable:
Mike Boyer, email@example.com, 503-823-4763
Further resources are available through the Crime Prevention Program website.