The Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods Seeks Executive Director!
The Opportunity: The Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods (NECN) seeks a dynamic Executive Director committed to citizen participation and grassroots community-building. Founded in 1974, NECN is a 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt, nonprofit coalition working in 12 culturally diverse and vibrant inner north and northeast neighborhoods of Portland to advance neighborhood livability, address community issues and create effective solutions on a grassroots level. With an annual budget of approximately $300,000, NECN focuses on civic engagement, issue advocacy, volunteer leadership development and community project support.
The Executive Director provides leadership in shaping and implementing NECN’s vision, values, goals and programs. Key areas of responsibility are: resource/partnership development, strategic and annual planning, financial management, program development, evaluation and management, human resources, public policy monitoring and advocacy strategies, community relations, and legal/contract compliance.
- A passion for civic engagement and community-building efforts
- Track-record of community-building experience
- Proven fundraising skills
- Substantive management experience (preferably non-profit), including working with a board of directors, staff supervision and financial management
- Leadership experience (in paid or volunteer position)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff, public and private agencies, community groups and the general public
NECN’s Primary Program Areas:
- Neighborhoods Program: Training and technical assistance developing community leaders and supporting civic volunteers involved in 12 inner north/northeast neighborhood associations.
- Community Committees/Issue Advocacy: Supporting grassroots involvement in public policy related to transportation, safety, education and economic development issues. Collaborating with neighborhood associations and other community groups to amplify citizen voices.
- Community Initiatives: Providing fiscal sponsorship, small grants funding and other opportunities to cultivate emerging community projects. Additional support to neighborhood events, community clean-ups and special projects.
- See complete job description and application instructions on our employment opportunities page. Submissions must be received no later than April 25, 2013, at 5:00 p.m.
- No calls, please.
NECN is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, genetics, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.