With a goal of building livable, equitable and sustainable neighborhoods and communities for all, the Office of Neighborhood Involvement allocates funds to NECN for two funding categories: Neighborhood Small Grants as well as for Graffiti Abatement Projects.
Businesses and individuals interested in further supporting community-based projects such as those listed below may make donations of any amount to the Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods’ Community Fund. The Community Fund provides essential seed money to valuable projects organized by neighbors, neighborhood associations and community organizations to meet community needs.
2012-2013 NECN Neighborhood Small Grants.
The Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods is pleased to announce the start of the 2012-2013 Neighborhood Small Grant season! This community program is offered on an annual basis and is funded through the City of Portland’s Office of Neighborhood Involvement.
NECN is pleased to announce 2013 Neighborhood Small Grant Awards:
- Chess for Success After-School Programs
- Community Maps for Churches
- Establish a Bee-Friendly Garden Program in Sabin
- International Plastic Quilt Project
- Summer in September Jambalaya Festival & Barbeque
- Harvest Festival and Volunteer Recruitment
- Community Building Events for the Left Hand of Darkness
- Community Listening Project
- PLOT + SCHEME: The Broadway Corridor Charrette
- Trash for Peace
- Woodlawn National Night Out 2013
Click here for more information on 2013 Grant recipients.
2013 – Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods Awards $13,710 in Grants for 2013
(PDF of 2013 Small Grant Program press release)
2011 – Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods Awards $14,597 in Grants for 2011
(PDF of 2011 Small Grant Program press release)
2010 – Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods Awards $21,413 in Grants for 2010
(PDF of 2010 Small Grant Program press release)